Waffle Recipe For Electric Waffle Maker
Waffles, the sweet treat which originated from Belgium and France is now famous around the world. With this blog post, I am going to give you such a simple waffle recipe to follow allowing you to make your own waffles using an electric waffle maker.
Waffles are a perfect treat for any time of day, they can be eaten in the morning for breakfast, as part of an afternoon snack or a pudding after the main meal. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe is simple, quick and easy and using our waffle maker which we reviewed from VonHaus we are enjoying Waffles on a regular basis.
- Waffle Maker
- Wooden Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Whisk/Electric Mixer
- 250 grams Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 350 ml Warm Milk
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Plugin and switch on your electric Waffle Maker. Allow this to reach temperature whilst you prepare the mix.
- Start by melting your butter in the pan with a wooden spatula and set aside for adding to your mixture shortly.
- Meanwhile, also warm up your milk to be added to your mixture shortly. (Tip: I found melting the butter in a pan and then adding the milk to warm to the butter works perfectly!)
- In your mixing bowl add your dry ingredients, plain flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Next, add your eggs and vanilla extract to the mixture of dry ingredients.
- With your whisk or electric mixer slowly start to mix your dry ingredients with the egg, then slowly pour in your melted butter and warm milk. With the mixture all mixed and smooth you are ready to bake your waffles.
- Open up your now warmed Waffle Maker.
- Spoon some mixture into the Waffle Maker base ensuring to meet the edges of the waffle plate. Close the lid and allow to bake for 6-8 minutes. Once cooked they will be golden brown.
- Once baked, remove from the maker and set aside to cool down.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
As you can see for yourself, simple and super tasty.
What To Serve Them With
Next comes the hard part, what to serve your waffles with. If your anything like my daughter she prefers her waffles plain or sometimes but a dusting of sugar on them. Other suggestions include;
- Nutella with a fruit selection, including strawberries and bananas.
- Bacon and maple syrup.
- Vanilla Ice Cream with a dusting of chocolate
- Squirty Cream with Strawberries
There is too much choice!
Tell me your favourite waffle toppings in the comments below.
Check out other recipe ideas in the Food, Drink and Restaurant section of my blog.