Fallbarrow Park, Bowness-On-Windermere : Our Holiday Park Review
For the Easter Break we decided to make a get away, spend some time together. I have always been fond of the Lake District, it was a love I inherited from my parents as a teenager after spending many weekends in our motorhome staying at a touring site just inside the town of Bowness-On-Windermere. The place always feels nostalgic and I feel so inclined to share my childhood with my children. Nowadays that touring site is now a holiday park, filled with static caravans and lodges, we can’t help but return time after time and what’s best the overall atmosphere hasn’t changed a bit!
About Fallbarrow Park
Named Fallbarrow Park, it is a Parkdean Resort Holiday Park. The holiday park is located just on the edge of the town Bowness-On-Windermere and is only a 5 minute walk from the centre of the town. It is such a perfect location as the town can be a rather popular tourist hotspot so it means you don’t have to struggle for parking.
The site of Fallbarrow Park hosts a perfect range of facilities, these include;
- 2 Onsite Restaurants, The Boathouse Bar is your typical pub grub restaurant, with a bar and plenty of entertainment happening day and night. The Barn Cafe is a perfect place to relax with a coffee whilst enjoying a small meal.
- The Barn Cafe also hosts a mini Deli supermarket, stocking a small but adequate range of supplies for your holiday.
- Arcade (located within The Boathouse Bar) is a perfect place to let your kids go wild with the 2p slots whilst the parents can relax in the bar area. The arcade room only has one door for entry and exit so you know your children are safe at all times.
- Multi use games room, located in the room next door to the arcade is a great place to have a game of snooker or pool to challenge your holiday party.
- There is an outdoor children’s play area, located just next door to the Boathouse Bar again within view of the outdoor seating of the bar area meaning that parents can sit and watch the children play.
- Park Wifi, On your arrival you will be given a holiday wifi code to use, allowing you access to the parks onsite Wifi connection for the duration of your stay.
- Dog friendly, Fallbarrow Park is extremely dog friendly. There are a number of caravans which aren’t for 4 legged guests but there is certainly more an enough Caravans to choose from otherwise.
Alongside all these great facilities Fallbarrow Park is located right by Lake Windermere, from your caravan or lodge you are only a short stroll to the waters edge without leaving the holiday park giving you stunning views anytime of day. If you own a boat too you are welcome to make use of the onsite boat launch facilities too.
We booked the Edenhall Caravan for our stay, a 2 bedroom caravan sleeping up to 6 people. It consists of 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom and sleeping for 2 in the lounge. This was perfect for our stay as Sam and I slept in the double bedroom, the kids in the twin room and then my brother joined us for a couple of nights, sleeping in the lounge.
This caravan also includes,
- Easy to use Central Heating
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Hairdryer in the main bedroom
- Gas cooker with separate grill
- Electric Fire in the lounge
- Flatscreen TV’s in the lounge and main bedroom.
As standard included with your stay you will find in your caravan’s;
- Bedlinen and beds ready made
- Complimentary tea and coffee
The overall cleanliness of our caravan on arrival was brilliant, nothing was mucky, nor dusty, the beds were clean and well made and the bathroom was sparkling. Its safe to say the housekeeping team really do pay perfect attention to detail in all of their caravans and lodges.
For our stay, our caravan was located near the bar and playground. This made us slightly susceptible to noise of other guests, and given the good weather there were plenty of other guests about. We were very fortunate that we rarely heard a peep and didn’t find ourselves disturbed at all.
The holiday park itself is one of the smallest owned by Parkdean Resorts and is kept immaculately clean. For example on one of the days there was a team of land keepers around, making sure that all debris, leaves and petals from surrounding trees and plants were cleared away. There is a small team of maintenance staff working away throughout the day on site and certainly have a good presence at all times.
As you walk around the park there is plenty of viewing areas for the lake, you can choose to sit on one of the clean benches or hang your feet off the jetty over the water. The view is very tranquil.
All the staff (even including those mentioned above) are always super friendly and approachable. So much so its hard not to feel like you’ve made a new friend during your stay. The staff on reception will always handle your queries professionally, whilst also making sure your children are having a fantastic holiday. The bar staff (in the Boathouse and The Barn) always have a smile on their face and always up for a chat and a laugh. Meanwhile the Trouper (for our stay was Shay) is super friendly and is like an extra fun person to our holiday party.
As the Holiday Park is located just on the edge of the town of Bowness-On-Windermere you will have ample of local amenities at your disposal. As you walk into the town you have 2 small convenience stores, there is a Co-Op just up the hill in the town and a Tesco Express as you walk towards the lakeside.
If you are looking for a change in location to wine and dine there are plenty of bars The Flying Pig Pub and The Albert to name but a few which are a short walk from the park.
We absolutely love this holiday park and is the second time we have stayed there as a family (not counting the millions of times I stayed there as a teen). It’s always a wrench to leave at the end of our holiday and we always look forward to returning. So much so, before we left we booked to return again in August!
If you want to know more about our holidays, feel free to check out the Holidays section of my blog.
** I am sharing Fallbarrow Holiday Park with you because its just FAB! I have by no means taken any form of payment to share our experience with you.