Southport Beach – 18/11/2018

A couple of weeks ago we ventured up to Lancashire for a weekend with my family, during our time there we visited the Blackpool Illumations and then on the Sunday we headed to the opposite beach over in Southport.  As a child growing up in Lancashire I lived pretty much half way between either of these coasts, but always much preferred visiting Southport for a visit to the beach as it was always quieter than Blackpool but also because it always had the best shells to collect. Blackpool was always about lights and entertainment up by the roadside where as the beach and quietness was the appealing aspect in Southport.  The sea stretches out such a long way too in Southport, making it such a good walk to reach the waters edge, so much so it makes the town having a pier rather redundant as when the tide is out the water is nowhere near!  Whilst walking on the beach with my family, I couldn’t help but stop under the pier. I took about 20 pictures from this angle, trying to get the alignment just right. What do you think?  I know the image would have looked a whole lot better with some drastic cloud action going on but the weather that day way just way too sunny, barely a cloud to be seen!  Which led way to this perfect opportunity to get some amazing silhouette images of my family.  I’m taking part in a weekly linky over at Photalife, showcasing our best photo’s of the week.
Photalife

1. Mummy here and there

18th Nov 2018 at 7:53 pm

What a brilliant perspective X #mySundayphoto

18th Nov 2018 at 7:14 pm

Fantastic photos! It sounds like a brilliant trip x

3. Sarah Wood

18th Nov 2018 at 5:23 pm

Love it – spent my childhood between blackpool and southport – not to forget morecambe! Hope you enjoyed – not sure my soft southern family would be up for it!

4. Tara

18th Nov 2018 at 2:06 pm

I would have been the same trying to get the right photo, I think you’ve nailed it. Great shots, glad you had a fun time at the beach. I love it at this time of year. #MySundayPhoto

5. Coombe Mill

18th Nov 2018 at 1:19 pm

Love the structure and the back and white in your first photo, though the sunlight in the second is also beautiful. The best of winter days.

6. Carol

18th Nov 2018 at 11:43 am

Love the black and white images of the pier #mysundayphoto

7. Darren Coleshill (@darrencoleshill)

18th Nov 2018 at 9:26 am

Love that photo, this time of year is perfect to get seaside photos

Thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto

8. debsrandomwritings

18th Nov 2018 at 8:33 am

Hi Bex, I love that photo and can see why you clicked so many times. The lines of the pier draw the eye right down the middle… If therew ere clouds in the other photo then the sun rays may not have been visible, and I like them.

#MySundayPhoto

xx

9. David

18th Nov 2018 at 7:36 am

Fantastic photo of the pier. I recently, and finally, got an under the pier photo myself up at Saltburn-by-the-Sea. I’ve not been to Southport many times myself, our family always did Blackpool. What I do remember about Southport though is that when the tide is out, it’s a very long walk to the water!
    #MySundayPhoto

10. Sarah MumofThree World

18th Nov 2018 at 6:59 am

Gorgeous photos! I would have been very happy to take those. I’ve never been to Southport, but it does look lovely.