My Sunday Photo – Conkers!

I’m not going to hide my love for Autumn.

Autumn is cooler than the 30c+ degrees of Summer.

Autumn means I can wear my beloved knit jumpers.

Autumn is getting ready for Winter and Christmas.

Autumn means Bonfire Night isn’t far away.

Autumn is colourful – I love seeing trees turning from green to reds and watching all the leaves fall to the ground.

Autumn brings us CONKERS!

These photos probably don’t do these conkers much justice but they were HUGE, to the point you could quite easily compare them to golf balls. I’ve known about this tree (hidden in a secret location just outside Buildwas, Shropshire) for a couple of years now, my husband has known about this tree for the past 25 years easily as his parents use to take him there as a child each autumn.

Finding conkers at this tree is no hard task, as very few people know about this tree, they are just littering the ground. We are very lucky and we always look forward to our yearly trip to this tree to fill a bucket within minutes of us arriving.

I’m taking part in a weekly linky over at Photalife, showcasing our best photo’s of the week.

Photalife

1. Elaine Livingstone

5th Oct 2018 at 2:08 pm

I am with you I love autumn for the weather and colours of nature. They are great size of conkers

2. Darren Coleshill (@darrencoleshill)

1st Oct 2018 at 12:29 pm

Love the rich tones, I might have to go looking for some

Thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto

3. Four Acorns / Quatre graines de chêne

1st Oct 2018 at 12:14 pm

I always find it so hard to let go of summer, and having to cover up again to ward off the cold… That said, autumn with all its colours is great too, and conkers are one of the joys of autumn. What do you do with them once you’ve picked them?
    #MySundayPhoto

1st Oct 2018 at 2:00 pm

We have endless amounts of conker fights which the kids just love. I also put a couple around the house as apparently they do well at keeping homes spider free too. They are doing quite well so far. x

4. Molly

1st Oct 2018 at 11:52 am

I am going to have to disagree with you as I am a true summer person but this Autumn has been lovely so far that is for sure

5. Captured By Jade

1st Oct 2018 at 11:07 am

Autumn is my favourite season also, with the turning of the leaves being one of the best things about the season.

These conker captures are beautiful, especially the one of your son. It is lovely that you’re able to take your children to explore where your husband did so as a child also.

1st Oct 2018 at 2:02 pm

I do make the most of taking my kids to explore where my husband has memories of growing up. Its not often I can show the kids where I grew up but make the most of that when I can. x

6. Sarah MumofThree World

1st Oct 2018 at 6:34 am

What lovely photos! Nice to see the autumn sun.

7. Topsy Turvy Tribe

30th Sep 2018 at 9:20 pm

I love Autumn too… although I’m not that keen on the colder we weather. The colours are just stunning. The detail in your photo is fantastic!

8. Tara

30th Sep 2018 at 7:40 pm

Wow, those are monster conkers! Your photos do do them justice. Love the colours. #MySundayPhoto

9. mummyhereandthere

30th Sep 2018 at 5:31 pm

It is so much fun finding conkers especially with the prickly shell X #mysundayphoto

30th Sep 2018 at 5:55 pm

The pricklier the shell the better, the kids dislike them though haha

10. debsrandomwritings

30th Sep 2018 at 4:30 pm

Hi Bex, I do like autumn, but I’m not a huge fan of winter, so if autumn never ended that would be fine with me. Those conkers are beauties! Lovely and shiny and huge! When I was a child my Dad used to ake us to a place called Danes wood to collect conkers and sweet chestnuts (not to be confused), we rarely saw anyone else up there. I wonder if the trees are still there today?

#MySundayPhoto x

30th Sep 2018 at 4:44 pm

Oh wow, now I love eating roasted sweet chestnuts! I think we need a year round Autumn! I think you should take a trip back to Danes Wood. Thank you for commenting. x

30th Sep 2018 at 3:29 pm

What a great collection of conkers! We have yet to go hunting for some. We need to soon x

12. Chantelle Hazelden (@MamaMummyMum)

30th Sep 2018 at 10:25 am

lol we haven’t collected any conkers yet, however I do share your love of autumn!

13. Coombe Mill

30th Sep 2018 at 8:49 am

I love conkers, we don;t actually have any on the farm, acorns everywhere but I do love conkers, looks like you found a huge haul.

14. dadbloguk

30th Sep 2018 at 8:10 am

Are you sure that’s a conker your boy is holding, or some kind of disguised football? They are massive! that said, I’ve noticed conkers fallin to the ground this year from July. Must have been the heat. #mysundayphoto

30th Sep 2018 at 4:46 pm

Haha, they are certainly huge! I’ve been noticing conkers myself looking rather ready from July, not falling mind, but certainly growing well. I’m sure they are falling from trees earlier and earlier each year.