Siblings – May 2016

We are back for another month of Siblings Project. I really enjoy documenting the bond my children have with each other and also the mischief they can make together.

Leah really does look up to her brother, he’s a great role model for her and with Lewis’s caring nature he has shown Leah how to care for other people and respect their feelings. This month the kids have particularly enjoyed playing games together, and with the weather improving drastically this month their fun hs turned to the outdoors and more so our new hot tub.

Siblings May 2016 2

We have enjoyed a couple of outings this past month, and even a quick trip to the Welsh Coast!

Siblings May 2016 3

And even our usual local woodland walks.

Siblings May 2016 1

Next month brings about Lewis’s 7th Birthday. A birthday Lewis cannot wait for, he really wants a birthday party with a group of his friends from school. We are trying to arrange a special party for him, trying to keep out focus away from the usual “soft play hell” and focusing on the outdoors we have found a local Forest School company which host parties so hoping this could be a great option for him. It’s also completely unlike Lewis to want a birthday party, he’s not usually one for wanting all the attention, so this was a lovely surprise when he asked for one!

Leah is currently attending Speech Therapy, she is such a chatterbox but unfortunately her speech really isn’t clear. It frustrates her when we ask her to keep repeating herself but she appears to be making good progress and enjoys practising when at group so I am hoping in a few weeks she will be confident and clear.

The Me and Mine Project

1. Carie @ Space for the Butterflies

15th May 2016 at 11:03 pm

Oh what lovely pictures – you’ve obviously had a month of great adventures! And yay for the sound of a Forest School birthday party – that sounds so much more fun than soft play!!

16th May 2016 at 2:39 pm

I really hope it’ll be more fun that soft play, you’ve reminded me to get it booked! – Jots on to-do list. x

2. Katie @mummydaddyme

15th May 2016 at 9:54 pm

Such gorgeous photos. Your new hot tub looks amazing, I would love one of those! xx

16th May 2016 at 2:44 pm

Its a new addition to our house and very much loved by all! So lovely to have a lovely warm dip in at the end of a day when the kids are asleep.

3. Steph

15th May 2016 at 1:21 pm

That hot tub looks awesome! I love the forest photo – bluebells are my husbands and O’s favourite flower, so we discovered yesterday! x

16th May 2016 at 2:45 pm

My kids love spotting bluebells at the moment, they know how much I’ve enjoyed photographing them this year.

4. Louise | Squished Blueberries

15th May 2016 at 9:13 am

That hot tub looks great, I bet they have so much fun in that! I love the sound of a forest school birthday party, definitely better than soft play especially in the warmer months.

5. thereadingresidence

15th May 2016 at 8:05 am

Oh, a forest school party sounds like a brilliant idea, definitely something a bit different. Hope he loves it. They do look very close, great to have one another for their adventures x