My Sunday Photo – 28/6/15

I am linking up this week to My Sunday Photo with OneDad3Girls with this photo;

28-6-15This photo is of the Vulcan XH558 which I snapped yesterday whilst visiting RAF Cosford. Taking photos using my telephoto lens really is not my strong point, as I suffer with really poor quality when using my lens between 200mm-300mm but given this photo was shot at 300mm I am amazed with the end result.  I am in the market for a new telephoto lens as my current lens does not feature VR which I feel will really boost the end results of my photos at a high focal length.

The Vulcan is taking part in a few displays until September before she is to be grounded for good. Head over to Vulcan To The Sky to find your nearest display/flypast to make sure you see.

OneDad3Girls

1. Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk)

30th June 2015 at 11:04 am

This is an amazing photo! The Vulcan visited us few days ago and I werent able to get a decent shot as I dont have the proper lens. Saying that I am not good in photography so I even if I have the proper kit I dont think I can get something as pretty as this =) #mysundayphoto

2. sherry from sherrys pickings

29th June 2015 at 12:24 pm

such a great photo it worked out really well. such a clear shot of the plane.

3. Jacq

29th June 2015 at 9:19 am

Beautiful.I love seeing the big planes fly. We live near an RAF base and had a Spitfire and a Typhoon buzzing around for a bit a couple of weeks ago. It was very loud, but amazing to see.

4. Amanda Masters (@girlgonecoastal)

28th June 2015 at 9:14 pm

Wonderful photo, these can be so hard to capture at times! Looking forward to seeing her fly at Airbourne in August

5. OneDad3Girls (@OneDad3Girls)

28th June 2015 at 3:06 pm

GReat capture, what an incredible machine.

6. Tara

28th June 2015 at 12:39 pm

Ooh we are hoping to see this later, although it’s raining at the mo. I think you’ve captured it very well, I doubt I will manage one in focus! #MySundayPhoto

7. twinderelmo2014

28th June 2015 at 8:38 am

Ahh we love Cosford

8. Kara

28th June 2015 at 8:24 am

Ah the XH558 – cannot wait to see this again at Bournemouth air festival!

9. Cathy Glynn

28th June 2015 at 8:12 am

We were there to Bex, had a fantastic day . My photos of the Vulcan are definitely not as good as yours x

28th June 2015 at 9:04 am

Ah cool, it was VERY busy wasnt it?! We regularly visit and bumped into a member of staff who we speak to all the time, she even told me its never been this busy in the past for a fly-by! I took over 300 photos and come away with 3 good, 4 not so bad the the remainder 293 were rubbish hahaha!