Early 2nd Birthday Party

This time last weekend I hosted my daughter and her little baby friends group 2nd Birthday Party, unfortunately we were missing 3 of the 6 babies from the party due to illnesses or other arrangements but we made the most of the occasion and had a brilliant time.

Everyone arrived shortly after 11 and they had a good play, enjoyed a couple of episodes of Peppa Pig over lunch, enjoyed playing with balloons and the tons of toys in the playroom.

After lunch we enjoyed a game of pass the parcel where each child won a couple of chocolates each and Dexter won the main prize he was so chuffed! Next we left the music playing where Leah decided to boogie along to “I Am The Music Man” can you see her playing her PiaPiaPiano? Then she played diva having a Kylie Mingoue moment in “Spinning Around”.

Then we had the pinnacle moment of the party, the cake smash! I was really shocked when Leah attempted to lick the cake, I didn’t think this would really appeal to Leah as she is usually a kid for plain coloured foods only. Dexter wasn’t really for joining in with the cake as he’d found the train table to play with, much to relief of his mum I feel?! lol. Charlotte enjoyed sticking her hands in the cake and then all the kids got stuck in with wooden spoons and started splatting the cake. It was a good attempt made by all and fortunately not much mess.

Last but not least was a great chance to sing happy birthday to the – not so much any-more – babies, each child had a candle to blow out of which they thoroughly enjoyed… so much so we had to relight the candles about 4-5 times!

All in all it was a fab day, thank you to you all for attending and also a special Thank You to my neighbour Mandy for making the cake!

**This is a personal post.

1. Katie Clark

24th March 2014 at 1:10 pm

It looks like a wonderful day – I haven’t heard of a cake smash before. They all look like they’re having a lovely time.

2. Karen Hannah

23rd March 2014 at 10:51 pm

It’s awful when they grow up so quickly isn’t it! It looks like a great time was had by all though xx

3. Christina

22nd March 2014 at 7:50 pm

Happy birthday little one! its looks like you had a fab time!!

4. Lorna mai

22nd March 2014 at 2:21 pm

Not heard of a cake smash before! Looks like fun! You did well to entertain 2 year olds for that length of time as they are so fidgety. Glad they enjoyed it. #sharefriday

5. Muma Leary

21st March 2014 at 10:19 pm

Oh no. I’ve got cake envy…again! Looks like a lovely day. šŸ™‚

6. hannah

21st March 2014 at 1:38 pm

Big happy birthdays little one! Everyone seems to be enjoying them selves. I hope she has a lovely day on Sunday x

7. Colette

21st March 2014 at 10:31 am

Happy Birthday little lady! It looks like she had a wonderful time!

8. Jenny

21st March 2014 at 9:35 am

All the photos look amazing. What a great day it sounds like she had a perfect bday. So cute too. I am about to plan MM 1st bday and Buba’s 3rd bday together. Time is just flying by. I love these kind of post. Special moments to document and cherish forever. #sharefriday

9. notmyyearoff

21st March 2014 at 8:59 am

Aww they all look so cute and well behaved eating their lunch. Looks like a brilliant party, A big happy birthday to your little girl! šŸ™‚