Word Of The Week #1
As part of my New Years Resolutions I am taking part in a couple more weekly blog challenges. I have literally just come across this fab linky from The Reading Residence called Word Of The Week and I knew I just need to partake in this and I have the perfect word for our first week of 2014.
This is for quite a few reasons;
1. The TV in our living-room blew up on Monday, as a result I’ve had to borrow the small TV from the children’s play room as a stand in. We have ordered a new TV which actually gets delivered this morning but it’s an expense we really couldn’t afford to spend less than a week after Christmas! The children in the mean time have no TV/Music in their playroom so have now turned my living-room into the playroom until things can be sorted.
2. Lewis is on his school holidays and the weather has been rather awful which means we haven’t been able to get out either. I had planned fun days out but due to no money (for previous reason) and even trips to the playground have resulted in us having to stay home.
3. Winter germs, simply we have ALL had colds. Yucky horrid post Christmas germs, having various people visiting for Christmas and being trapped in enclosed space we have germ shared and we have all had colds. This hasn’t boded well with the bad weather and not being able to escape much for fresh air.
4. Boredom. Lets face it, the kids have been as bored as anything. Even the Christmas presents haven’t been able to keep the kids 100% entertained. I think this is mainly due to illnesses and the TV/music not being in the playroom as it should be.
5. Also tidying and organising the house post the Christmas festivity has been somewhat a challenge with having 2 children under my feet getting out toys that have been tidied into place and organised.
Roll on going back to School and some routine, fresh air and a clean house!